Missions at Mt. Tabor Baptist Church began back in the early to mid 1950’s. Initially, the church set aside 10% of the Sunday Evening offering for the cause of Missions.
Mt. Tabor later supported missions through The Regular Baptist Missionary Fund, Inc. This fund was organized by the Regular Baptist Association in the area.
The Missions Committee was organized in 1991, and the original monthly commitment was $750 spread over 15 missionaries.
“Faith Promise” was introduced in 1993 by Dr. John Halsey, and now as of 2013 Mt. Tabor supports some 53 different ministries and individuals with a total commitment of $6,100.00 per month.